Stadacona Fitness & Sports Centre Grand Opening
Canadian Forces Base Halifax
January 4, 2024
Local Defence Team members are invited to join PSP Halifax for the grand opening of the Stadacona Fitness & Sports Centre on Monday, January 8, 2024 at 1 p.m. Atlantic. Enjoy some light refreshments and check out what the space has to offer! The facility will be open for use immediately following the ceremony.
When planning a visit to the gym, please bring:
- DND/CAF Identification card;
- Gym gear (including indoor shoes);
- Towel, soap, shampoo, etc. (if using private shower stalls); and
- Lock (optional, day use lockers only).
For Stadacona Fitness & Sports Centre hours of operation, unit PT/sports bookings and more, please visit https://cfmws.ca/halifax/facilities/stadacona-fitness-sports-centre
As a reminder, while PSP Halifax’s primary focus is on ensuring the operational readiness of CAF members, currently serving/employed Defence Team members, both military and civilian, will be permitted use of this facility. Due to limited capacity, the gym will not be available to veterans, family members or the general public at this time.
- Effective Monday, January 8, the parking spaces immediately beside the Stadacona Fitness & Sports Centre (including the accessible spaces) will be designated for gym patrons and will no longer be available to general parking pass holders from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays. You will be asked to provide your license plate number when signing into the gym if using one of these spaces.
- The visitor lot on the north end of the Naval Museum of Halifax (building S20) may be used as overflow parking for gym patrons.
- Defence Team members with a Dockyard/Stadacona parking pass should use general parking areas when going to the Stadacona gym unless they have physical/medical limitations that necessitate the use of close proximity (gym patron) parking.
- Members working at Windsor Park, Willow Park and HMC Dockyard are reminded that they may also use the CFB Halifax shuttle service to access Stadacona property during daytime working hours (7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Motorcycle parking will be relocated from the gym parking area to a lot on the south end of building S82.
About the facility
The Stadacona Fitness & Sports Centre will be well-equipped with a wide range of amenities, including cardio machines, weights, day lockers, change stalls, universal showers, and washrooms. An open gymnasium area for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and ball hockey has also been included, making it a versatile space for different recreational activities. The facility, with a maximum capacity of approximately 134 people, has been designed to be barrier-free and accessible throughout for members of all abilities.
2022: Stadacona temporary fitness facility to be constructed by early fall 2023 / Construction de l’installation de conditionnement physique temporaire à Stadacona au début de l’automne 2023 | Trident Newspaper
2023 December: Stadacona Fitness & Sports Centre to open in January 2024