Wednesday, 1 November 2023 is the National “Take Our Kids to Work” day for Grade 9 students.
Maritime Forces Atlantic (MARLANT) supports this important national activity that provides students with highlights of the rewarding career paths their parents, guardians, extended family or friends have chosen. It showcases employment opportunities within MARLANT and may well inspire a student’s career path.
A complete schedule of all activities and unit points of contact can be found HERE. All sessions will commence at 0900 hrs at the specified locations and will be on a first come, first served basis – open to participating MARLANT and lodger unit members.
Access to the CAF/DND workplace will be granted to Grade 9 students accompanied by a CAF/DND employee (Civilian or Military) and Parents/Guardians must make arrangements for lunch as it is not provided. Parents/guardians are responsible to ensure supervision of their guests at all times.
Safety and security measures must be incorporated into activities with students escorted at all times and made aware of any safety hazards. Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is imperative where required.
Parent/Guardians will manage their own activities with their child/student throughout the day and will accompany their child/student if planning to attend any of the activities listed below.
Your support and cooperation is vital to ensuring that this important learning event remains accident and injury free. For further information regarding “Take our Kids to Work Day” please visit: http://www.takeourkidstowork.ca/ or contact Joseph Abando at Joseph.Abando@forces.gc.ca
2023 Activities / Tours
• Naval Fleet School Atlantic: Small boat (RHIB) rides in Halifax Harbour, tour of weapon and sensor systems at Naval Armament Depot, Navigation and Bridge Simulator exercises, Small Arms Trainer demonstrations, and tour of the WILDCAT Development Lab;
• 12 Wing Shearwater: CH-148 Cyclone static displays, tour of 12 Air Maintenance Squadron shops, tour of 406 Maritime Operational Training Squadron training area;
• CF Health Services Centre (Atlantic) tours (Stadacona);
• Military Police Unit Halifax tours (Windsor Park);
• Naval Museum of Halifax self tours (Stadacona);
• CFB Halifax Fire and Emergency Services: Hands-on learning opportunities (HMC Dockyard);
• Fleet Maintenance Facility Cape Scott: Tours of various ship repair units (HMC Dockyard); and
• HMCS Ville de Québec and HMCS William Hall ship tours.
Registration required for some activities.
A complete schedule of all activities and unit points of contact can be found HERE.